It’s virtually impossible for us to meet in one place this year…
…But it’s possible for us to meet virtually!
Sadly we’ve had to cancel the live conference in San Marcos this year, so we are going to meet virtually!
So in this year where most everything has gone the opposite way of the plan, here’s some positive things to consider about a virtual conference:
- You can still stay on track with CE credits…especially the mandatory ones like USPAP Refresher and Chief Appraiser Ethics!
- More people from your office can attend since there will be no travel, hotel, or meal expense!
- Anyone in your office can “attend” sessions at the conference (only those with paid conference registration will earn credit though)
- Cyber Security training (for the next go around) will be available to your staff (separate registration)
- Sponsors will have the opportunity to participate in a “virtual trade show” – some will even offer drawings for prizes!
- Virtual Silent Auction
- Random drawings for gift cards throughout the conference!
- A total of 10.5 CE credits can be earned if you attend everything from the comfort of ___________ (you fill in the blank!!)
More details to come shortly (registration forms, sponsor forms, etc.) but the tentative agenda is below for you to preview!
…and one more thing…the speakers are asking that any questions you might have for them be forwarded ASAP so that they can be addressed in their presentations. Please email questions or comments to email@example.com.
It’s certainly going to be different but we can make this work…we’re not going to let 2020 beat us!
TRCA Annual Conference – “Virtual”
October 26-27, 2020
|8:00||–||8:30||Opening Ceremony||Steering Committee|
|8:30||–||9:30||Keynote Speaker||Randy Anderson||1 Customer Service|
|9:30||10:30||“Hot Topics”||Michelle Bohreer||1 Laws & Rules|
|10:30||–||11:00||Break – Silent Auction Begins|
|11:00||–||12:00||Case Law & Ag Opinions – Who Can Make A Request||Matthew Tepper||1 Laws & Rules|
|12:00||–||1:30||Lunch Break – Silent Auction Continues|
|1:30||–||2:30||Chief Appraiser Ethics||Tracey Foster||1 CA Ethics|
|2:30||–||3:30||Commercial Property Appraisal Considerations||Pope-Osborne,Messick, etal||1 Appraisal Standards|
|3:30||–||5:30||Virtual Trade Show|
|8:30||9:30||What’s Going On Around The State|
|Legislative Committee Report||Doug Smithson||1 Laws & Rules|
|PTEC Report||Larry Krumnow|
|PTAD Report||K Castillo or S Murphy|
|TDLR Report||Tim Radloff|
|9:30||–||9:59||Break – Silent Auction Continues|
|10:00||–||11:00||Cyber Security||Sanda Steele, BIS||1 Laws & Rulds|
|11:00||–||12:00||Awards – Silent Auction winners, door prizes|
|1:00||–||4:00||USPAP Refresher||Tracey Foster||3.5 USPAP Refresher|